Meatloaf from the Gods
Baking Time: 1 hour & 10 minutes; Oven Temp: 350*F; Servings: 8 Heavenly Slices
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cups of milk
- 2/3 cups of Italian Style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning blend
- 1.5 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's Traditional BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
1. Combine beaten eggs & milk in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, onion, Italian seasonings, fresh parsley, and salt. Add the bread crumb mixture to your ground beef and mix together by mashing with your hands. Then add the egg & milk mixture and continue to mix with hands until all ingredients are incorporated well into the beef. Place mixture into a loaf pan (8x4x2).
2. Bake your loaf for 1 hour (or until the internal temperature reaches 160*F). Spoon off any fat. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, BBQ sauce, and dry mustard. Spread this mixture over the top of the loaf. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
3. Take the loaf out of the oven and marvel at its beauty. Do this for 10 minutes & then serve it. You will be happy you did. Calories: 230 per slice; Total Fat: 8 grams per slice; Sodium: 487mg per slice; Carbohydrates: 12 grams per slice; Protein: 19 grams per slice.