Working in a childhood & adolescent weight management center, I am always on the lookout for healthy snacks to recommend to families that actually taste good. AND being someone who fancies a Starbucks every once in a while, I was curious about the Peter Rabbit Organic Products that I would see whenever I would go inside the coffee shop. I was hesitant about trying these because after working as a clinical dietitian for so long, I was worried that anything "blended" would be...well...icky. So, I decided the best way to test these treats was to give them to actual children. I tested them on kids ages 4, 6, 6, and 10. They tried the following flavors:
- Strawberry and Banana
- Apple and Grape
- Mango, Banana and Orange
- Sweet Potato, Corn and Apple
- Carrot, Squash and Apple
- Pea, Spinach and Apple
It turns out that all four kids thought that the flavors were awesome! Except for one flavor (the sweet potato, corn, and apple):
The most raved about flavor was the Pea, Spinach, and Apple! I was told to go and buy more of those pronto! There are so many benefits to these snacks besides their kid-approved taste:
- These products are ORGANIC
- They are BPA-free & easy to transport, use, and cap for later use! These snacks are a perfect addition to a day out, a long car ride, or school & sports team snacks.
- There are 100% fruit and vegetable, with no added sugar or preservatives
- They are high in Vitamin C, between 70-85 calories each (a perfect snack), 0 grams of fat, and between 1.5-2 grams of fiber!
- You can find them all over the place: Starbucks, Whole Foods, www.amazon.com...Just to name a few!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway