Husband: "I would pay money for this in a restaurant"
Youngest Daughter: "This is better than Panera's soup"
Sometimes it's nice to have a delicious chili simmering in the Crock Pot & when you walk in the front door after a long day of work you think "man...not only does the house smell awesome, but dinner is done!" I really hope you give this recipe a try! Here's what you will need:
- 8 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken (about 2 breasts)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of great northern beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can of white hominy OR 1 (15 ounce) can of white corn
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package of reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can of chopped green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can of reduced sodium chicken broth
- Toppings: 2 TBSP per serving of sour cream, chopped green onions, & I always like to add a sprinkle of Tortilla Strips
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Cover the chicken with beans & hominy
- In a separate bowl, combine the taco seasoning, chilies, condensed soup, & chicken broth. Pour over the ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Before serving, shred the deliciously moist chicken and return to crock pot & stir
- Serve with 2 TBSP sour cream, green onions, and tortilla strips, if desired.